Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Wedding Sugar Cookies

I decided to bake about 200 of my favorite sugar cookies for my daughter's wedding reception. I had plenty of time, so I baked them in double batches and froze them until the big day. The only thing I had to do the week of the wedding, was to coat them all quickly with a little glaze and a candy decoration. (Note: I should have taken a picture when they were fresh, because the glaze looked much better. These have been frozen post-wedding, and the glaze doesn't fare well in the freezer.)

Best Ever Sugar Cookies

Yield: 20 cookies

1 C Butter, softened
2/3 C Sugar
1 Egg
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Almond extract
2-1/2 C Flour

Frosting/Glaze:
3/4 C Powdered sugar
1 TB Milk
1/4 tsp Almond extract

Cream softened butter and sugar together. Add egg and extract. Mix thoroughly. Gently mix in flour until all is combined. Chill dough overnight (or at least 2 hours) in refrigerator. Roll dough on floured surface, 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes and place on baking sheet. Bake in 350 F. degree oven for 10-12 minutes.  These freeze well for storage, before glazing.

Glaze: Combine ingredients and spread thinly on cookies. Allow to dry completely before stacking. This may take several hours.
My SIL made them for a youth activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment